Thursday, June 12, 2008

Vacation Bible School 2008

This week the kids are attending Vacation Bible School (VBS) at our church. The theme this year is "Waves of Truth - Get on Board" and it's a whole beach party theme.

On the first day of VBS Brandon got an eye injury. The kids wear laminated nametags around their neck and he was flipping his up in the air. It hit him in the eye and left a red mark. We watched him overnight and it got better, so there was no trip to the doctor needed.
Today Brandon made the sweetest craft. The kids made prayer buckets and then wrote names of people to pray for on popsicle sticks. They are supposed to take out a stick with someone's name on it and pray for that person. Brandon made a stick for everyone in our family. Then I noticed he made one more - for Baby Luke Haberman. As an update, Baby Luke is my friend Bernie's 5 week old son that died of a rare congenital heart defect called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. I posted earlier about him when he was undergoing his first surgery and we were all optimistic about his recovery. Tragically, he died on April 18th. I cried when I saw the prayer stick Brandon made for him. I'm not sure there will ever be a day when I don't cry about him. You can visit his Caring Bridge website here: