Monday, March 31, 2008

Is it April 15th Yet???

Lots to update since my extended absence from blogging. Things are very busy at work and both kids are playing sports, so I haven't been as organized as usual and have slacked off on the blogging.

There are several things going on with friends, so we'll start there. My friend, Bernie, gave birth to her 3rd child, Luke Haberman, on March 12th. Immediately after his birth the doctors found a very rare and serious heart defect known as Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. He has already undergone one open heart surgery and will face 2 others very soon. Bernie has a Caring Bridge website for Baby Luke and you can visit it here:

Our next door neighbor, Charles, has finished his second week of chemotherapy treatment for his testicular cancer and is now completely bald. I finished the cross-stitch I made for him and will be framing it to give him as a gift soon. Here is a picture of the subversive cross-stitch I made for him. It's a little offensive, but hilarious and expresses the collective sentiment about his cancer.

Spring Break for the kids was a much needed respite from the usual routine. I was able to work almost every day that week while the kids played golf with G&G or hung around at home with Jeff. The bluebonnets are out in full force here in Texas and we took some pictures for posterity.

Easter was the last Sunday of spring break and we celebrated by going to brunch with G&G after church.


Last weekend Lindsay's softball league held their annual County Line Shootout tournament against another league from Spring. Lindsay's team, the Diamond Dusters, did very well. Lindsay improved tremendously in the final game and really got the hang of how the game is played. I think playing so many games in a row helped keep the girls involved in what was going on. Each girl (& coach!) received a medal for their participation. Lindsay is SO proud of her medal and rightly so.


Now, if only we could get Brandon's Astros to win a game. Yes, sadly, Brandon's team is in last place in 7AAA division and has an 0-5 record. I'm very sad for Brandon because I know he is very frustrated at his team's lack of success.
Only 2 more weeks until tax season is over! I have so many grand plans in my head that I fantasize about when it's finally April 16th. Organizing the house, cleaning out closets, planting flowers, etc, etc, etc. I need to squeeze a massage appointment in there somewhere - Jeff gave me a gift certificate to a local spa for Christmas and I can't wait to use it.